Dr. Charles West
- Graduated “with distinction” from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan in 1981.
- He is the owner of The Spay Clinic and the Senior Clinician among two other doctors
- Actively involved with local pet rescue groups.
- Participant of the “PAL Program” (Prevent Another Litter) in 2011, a joint program with the ABVMA and the Edmonton Humane Society.
- Professional interests include surgery and reproductive medicine.
- Personal interests travel, and spending time with our “furry family” of 3 dogs and 2 cats.
Dr. Amanda McMillan
Dr. Amanda McMillan was born and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba. She first started working as a Veterinary Assistant in a small animal practice back in 2010 while completing her Bachelor of Science at The University of Winnipeg.
Once graduating undergrad, she ventured abroad to receive her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from the AVMA accredited St. George’s University in Grenada, West Indies. She received diverse experiences with all types of animals including exotics and she was able to complete her final clinical year of Veterinary Medicine at The Western College of Veterinary Medicine. As a recent graduate and Edmonton resident, she is continuing her veterinary career with us here at The Spay Clinic.
Dr. Amanda McMillan is excited to meet you and all your furry family members, she is committed to your animal’s health and well-being.
Dr. Katherine Ye
Dr. Katherine Ye grew up in Toronto, and had always been the kid who was friends with all the neighbourhood pets. After earning a Honours Bachelor degree in Immunology and Physiology at the University of Toronto, she volunteered at a local Vet clinic and then worked as a vet assistant. That is when she realized her passion in helping animals. Since then, she has embarked on a journey to the Emerald Isle for her veterinary medicine degree, and graduated from University College Dublin in Ireland in 2021. She returned to Canada and moved to Edmonton shortly after as the newest member of the team. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, playing games, dancing (Hip-hop, jazz funk and street styles), and travelling. She is fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin, and she is excited to meet you and your furry family!